Thursday, December 17, 2009

Spell-a-pa-looza


Yesterday both Bearhug and Cuddlebug handed me their spelling lists so we could work on them. Since they each seemed eager to have me quiz them, I opted to alternate having each of them spell every other word rather than go through the lists one at a time. So we got into a rhythm where I'd call out Cuddlebug's name and a word from his spelling list, he'd spell it and then I'd say Bearhug's name and one of his words, and so on. As we were going back and forth Bitty came up to me and interrupted (loudly and with a big grin on his face) "'Bitty'! Cow! C... O... W!!" So cute, he wanted to join in the spelling fun :).

As it turned out he wasn't satisfied with taking a turn every third time, so in order to keep him from shouting over his brothers I had to give him a turn every other time. Bearhug - Bitty - Cuddlebug - Bitty... lol. He was so excited about spelling his words, and you know what? He got most of them right (cow, dog, cat, pig, car, box, fox, and he was close on horse). :) Bearhug and Cuddlebug did great on their words as well, of course ;).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun!!

Rebecca on December 17, 2009 at 2:35 PM said...

Aww, so cute! I can just see him running up wanting to join in :)

My Three Sons on December 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM said...

That is really cute. It's great that he is interested in spelling at such a young age.

CC on December 18, 2009 at 11:21 AM said...

so cute!! Will he still be excited about it when it's "for real"? Because my son sure wasn't!

OneProudGrandma said...

All 3 are brilliant!! (she said with no bias at all.....)

danette on December 19, 2009 at 8:05 PM said...

@CC - lol, probably not... then we'll remind him how much he liked it when he was younger ;).

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin