Monday, December 21, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: Christmas crafts


We have lots of creativity to share today, I couldn't choose just one and figured better to put them all in one post than still be sharing Christmas art two months from now (no I wouldn't actually do that. Or would I? hehe)

Bitty made this cute ornament at school as a gift for us... clearly his teachers helped with the details but the handprint that makes the snowmen is all him :)


Bitty also made this Christmas tree at school, it has since lost most of its beads because he wanted to play with it but that's ok.


Cuddlebug made this cool candle jar at school, it's made with tissue paper and the picture doesn't quite do it justice but the colors / shapes really stand out when the candle is lit.


Bearhug made this ornament for the tree, he put it up but I can't find it so he might have taken it back down to play with... good thing I took a picture of it on his desk at school ;).


Bearhug and Cuddlebug have been busy making things at home too. And what might two 8-yr-old boys who really, really want Pokemon cards for Christmas and just can't wait decide to make?

Yep, homemade Pokemon cards :). I love their attention to detail. Just like the real cards, they've included a picture of the Pokemon (some of these are their own made-up Pokemon characters too), its level, attack moves, stats, etc. and the Pokemon logo on the back :).

(click to view larger)

They also made Pokemon-themed paper ornaments for the tree. This one is Cuddlebug's. Those are dragon-type Pokemon ornaments hanging from his tree. (I'm pretty sure Bitty is responsible for the clump of ornaments hanging together below that):



And this is what is left of Bearhug's... I wasn't fast enough with the camera :(. It was a tree complete with star and hanging Pokemon ornaments, with a "Merry Christmas" sign hanging from the bottom. Apparently part of it tore and so he ripped the whole thing up except for this piece, so I asked if I could at least take a picture of that.

Consider it a Christmas greeting from our family to yours :).






For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Marie on December 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM said...

Love the crafts. We've got one with the handprint too! I love hand print items!

My Three Sons on December 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM said...

I always love the handmade ornaments. I have some from Coltan and Cody from over the years. Carson only has one. I actually went to Hobby Lobby and bought a box of 4 glass ornaments and thought it would be fun for us to paint them but I can't seem to find time where I have ALL 3 boys. Maybe this week? LOL

Anyways, I love the tree. Lots of good artwork on there.

Anonymous said...

=) I love it!! It's so fun to feel their excitement. All those homemade crafts make such special memories, too!

Anonymous said...

I love the gifts the boys made for you - so precious!! Brings back many memories.... :)

Lindy on December 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM said...

Your kiddos are sooooo creative Danette -- I always get such a kick out of the things they come up with :D

Hope your family has an absolutely lovely Christmas!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin