Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Heart




CB: "It's a heart, Mom. Dat means Looove."
me: "It's beautiful, thank you!"
BH: "Yeah, we worked really hard at school to earn dat so we could give it to you."
CB: "Aren't you glad you have us?"

More than you could possibly know... I am blessed beyond measure every day to have these boys in my life. I gave them each a big hug.

"Of course, I love all of you boys more than anything!"

CB: "I wuv you too, Mom. I wuv my whole family more den anyfing too. Even more den I wuv Pokemon."

I couldn't help but smile :). "Wow, that's a lot!"

"Yeah," he agreed, "cuz I wuv Pokemon a whole bunch!"


Have I mentioned lately how much I love my babies? :)

~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and that reminds me of another ring that Cuddlebug gave me recently, at his school's party a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it before Bitty wanted to play with it and I never saw it again... but it's a funny story so I'll describe it to you.

It was one of those plastic rings that comes on the top of cupcakes, and it was huge. About 1 1/2 inches of green plastic lettering saying, "Ho Ho Ho!"

Cuddlebug presented it to me with a flourish and said, "I cweaned it for you, Mom!"

"Aww, thanks, I love it!" I briefly wondered how he cleaned the frosting off with no water nearby, and decided I probably didn't want to know so I didn't ask. I put the ring on my finger and showed it to him.

Maybe he read my mind, because he was eager to share exacly how he had cleaned the ring for me.

"I wick'd it, Mom! I cweaned it wif my tongue!"

I had to laugh. Of course he did. I smiled and told him, "that's kind of gross, but you did a pretty good job."

I left it on, slobber and all, the rest of the day (until Bitty confiscated it, that is).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

PippaD on December 30, 2009 at 2:19 AM said...

Hey kids slobber is part of the job... and I bet both rings are two of the pieces you own (owned) that you will always remember!

Symphony of Love on December 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM said...

They are really sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely so precious!! I gave your grandmother a ring like that once & she wore it even though it turned her finger green! :)

Beverly on December 30, 2009 at 11:11 AM said...

too sweet. thanks for sharing

My Three Sons on December 30, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

Those are really cute stories. I love the little things my kids do for me.

Cody and I were sitting on day hanging out and he told me that he was going to have his dad take him to wal mart to buy me something for Christmas. I told him that was very sweet and then he told me he was buying my gift with his own money. That was a special moment for me.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with kiddy slobber! LOL

Patty O. on December 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM said...

Aw, that is sweet. Yeah, I probably would have kept the slobbery ring on too. Isn't it amazing how much less gross those types of things are once you are a mom? Especially when it is your own kid's slobber!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! 3 posts from you without my comment! hehe! I hope this means that your job has eased-up on the pressure, and that will continue into the New Year.

Love the ring stories, and the school party cards, and the photo with the candles.

Barbara

Unknown on January 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

You have VERY sweet boys! What a precious gift (the ring and the boys).

To this day my mom still has a ring my oldest brother gave her when he was little that came from a bubblegum machine. My brother is 44 now!

Anonymous said...

=) Your boys are so sweet!

Rachel on January 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM said...

Totally cracking up... I was a big puddle of AWWW by the time i read the first "heart" story, then the Pokemon one, then you had me giggling madly by the CLEAN cupcake part. Your boys sound like so much fun!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin