Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Uh-oh...


Little Bitty won't watch Yo Gabba Gabba anymore. He still sings the songs, but he no longer wants to watch it on tv (time to clear out the 15 or so episodes we have recorded on DVR? maybe not yet). Instead, he says, "es-ahcha noos" (let's watch the news). That's what we get for trying to talk him into watching the news instead of Yo Gabba Gabba (as a joke) when that was all he wanted to watch :).

The only problem with that is, most of his Christmas presents are Yo Gabba Gabba things. A guitar, a little playset with the characters, even a DVD that we were planning to give him early for our upcoming trip. Hmm... it's all wrapped up, hopefully he'll still like them! I'm pretty sure he'll still like the guitar, he LOVES music and always wants to play along when we play Guitar Hero (now he can, lol).

Guess what else - after months of only wanting to wear Thomas clothes, all day every day, this morning he didn't want to wear Thomas and asked me for a shirt with "pamets" (planets). AAAHHHH! I don't have a shirt with planets! And we spent all that money buying Thomas shirts! My mom bought him long-sleeve Thomas shirts for Christmas since he doesn't like to wear his "non-Thomas" long sleeve shirts (although I have on occasion been able to convince him that a red shirt is a "James" shirt, hehe). He even made a stink about wearing his Thomas underwear, and that's the only underwear he has. Here's hoping he was just tired and cranky this morning (well, he was) and that this isn't really the start of a new trend. Sigh.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

My Three Sons on December 9, 2008 at 10:55 AM said...

Well I can see where that could be a problem for you. I hope he is just having a "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed" mornings and he will be back to his usual tomorrow.

Good luck!

Unknown on December 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM said...

Maybe give the Yo Gabba Gabba a break for a week or so, don't even mention it to and then it will seem new all over again. :)

Alison on December 9, 2008 at 12:45 PM said...

Hey Danette! It's great to see your blog. Thanks for commenting on mine!

Unknown on December 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM said...

I have to chuckle a litte because we have quite a few Yo Gabba Gabba toys wrapped up under the tree too and just as many episodes dvr'd. I sure hope your little guy just had an off morning and loves all his gifts. Kids are so darn fickle, aren't they?

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on December 9, 2008 at 3:34 PM said...

Ah, I am sure he will still love all of the presents. I am so impressed that you have all that bought already. I've only bought like two things for the girls. Nothing like Eve shopping! LOL!

CC on December 9, 2008 at 3:36 PM said...

No, no, no, no! Must stick to these things until after Christmas!!!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind on December 9, 2008 at 4:32 PM said...

I'm sorry. Did I get it right that you are complaining that he doesn't want to watch Yo Gabba Gabba? That show gives me the willies. Seriously though, I'm sure he will still love all the presents.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little worried. Shirts, a wind suit, YGG dance mat....what if he hates it all???

Meg on December 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM said...

Oh boy, I don't know what we'd do in that situation. Panic maybe?

Hopefully, it's a temporary situation. I'm sure he'll be so excited opening the presents anyway, he won't care what they actually are.

danette on December 10, 2008 at 7:49 AM said...

@Michelle - LOL, I know, I never thought I'd hear myself complain about him NOT wanting to watch it!

He was in a much better mood this morning, so I'm thinking it was just him having a bad day yesterday.

@Dianna - I'm going to follow your suggestion just in case! Thanks :)

Shannon @ Gabi's World on December 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM said...

My kids go through phases with the different shows, but they usually will start watching their favorites again after a little time! Those Yo Gabba Gabba gifts are expensive. I sure hop he likes them! The dancing Brobee was over $30!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin