Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've been tagged (like, forever ago!)


I finally have a few minutes to put some thought into my responses, so here goes.

Elizabeth and Andrea tagged me a while back for a high school meme. I have to apologize in advance because it's sure to be less interesting than some of the others I have read, lol :). I really had to think hard to remember what I was doing in high school!

1. Friday night lights - I went to school in West Texas, where high school football is a religion. I'm not kidding (and it rocked!). Our stadium seated 15,000 and it was usually full or close to it. When we played our cross-town rival, there were people sitting on the grass in both endzones because the bleachers were full. I was in the pep squad for three years (in West Texas, one must be an accomplished gymnast and dancer to be a cheerleader, and if you saw my pathetic coordination, you'd know I am neither, lol). Pep squad was fun - we got to wear the cute cheer outfits, carry big fluffy pom poms, and be loud and silly :). By senior year, my best friend and I decided we were too *ahem* mature for all that, so we quit the pep squad and went to the games as regular students.

2. License to terrorize innocent motorists - remember the lovely station wagon from the movie "Vacation"? We had one kind of like that, only bigger and not *quite* as ugly. (see Mom, I said something nice about your car!) hehe. I had the distinct pleasure of taking my driver's exam in that station wagon, complete with parallel parking. I spent weeks practicing, but it worked - I passed. Much to the dismay of every other driver in town, lol. I was in three wrecks during my high school years - only one was my fault though. The one where the police report described the other vehicle as "airborne." Yep, that one was my fault :(. Bumpy, unfamiliar roads and distracted drivers do not mix. That's my public service announcement for the day.

3. Cruisin' - there wasn't a whole lot to do in our city/town, so somewhere along the way, someone came up with the brilliant idea of going "cruising." For those unfamiliar with this ever-so-cool pastime, it involves driving up and down one of the main streets in the middle of town, over and over, at night on the weekends. Just up and down the street, with designated turning points at Sonic and I don't remember the other one, somewhere on the other end of the street. There would be tons of cars, just driving up and down the street, sometimes stopping at Sonic for some food, sometimes stopping in a parking lot to hang out. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no, we didn't have anything better to do ;).

4. Romance and intrigue - ha! I had a few boyfriends, mostly short-lived relationships, if you can call them that. The longest was 4 months, until midway through junior year when I got a letter from the guy I'd had a crush on forEVER, asking me out. He was 2 yrs older and in his freshman year at college about an hour and a half away. We had a great first date, started writing back and forth and going out whenever he was home for the weekend, and well, we've been together ever since :).

5. If you were a tree... - how would people have described me back then? Probably "friendly" and "smart" come to mind. People who knew me well would describe me as "goofy" and those who didn't would describe me as "quiet."

6. Music - I can't think of high school without thinking of the song, "Ice, Ice, Baby" by Vanilla Ice. LOL, they played it at every pep rally and it was always blasting from someone's car (oh yeah, that was me). I had fairly eclectic tastes in music back then (kind of like I do now), some of my favorites were Def Leppard, The Cure, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Nirvana, and Boyz II Men.

7. Entering the workforce - my first job (aside from babysitting) was working at Orange Julius in the mall. We got mall discounts, so that was cool :). My jobs in college were more interesting, but I'll wait for a college meme to tell ya all about it!

8. Sexy lips - haha, I almost forgot about this one. One summer at camp, I found out the hard way that I am allergic to wasp stings. We had outdoor shower stalls, and as I was walking in, a wasp came out of nowhere and stung my lower lip. It swelled up to huge proportions, earning me the nickname "sexy lips."

I am too tired to come up with a list of people to tag, so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. Mwahahahaha, it's too late to look away, you are still tagged :). Seriously, I've had a lot of fun reading these so far so if you decide to jump in (or did one already) leave your link in the comments and I'll stop by!





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

2 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on December 11, 2008 at 12:41 PM said...

Loved reading this meme! I cannot remember yesterday let alone my high school years. LOL!

Penelope on December 11, 2008 at 1:18 PM said...

LOL, it's so fun to remember high school days! My sister and I shared a car...It was a yellow (like, big bird yellow) '72 oldsmobile! We sure had some fun with it...the thing was a tank!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin