Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm back...


It's been a loooong week at work, lots of hours and not much time for blogging (obviously).

I have some stuff to post, which I will hopefully get caught up on sometime this weekend, but for now here's some of the latest overheard from Little Bitty:

He loves to sing - as his speech is developing, so is his ability to sing. One of his favorite's is the "Train Ride" song from Yo Gabba Gabba.

"Trayah trayah go' nekka trayah, trayah trayah go' nekka trayah... trayaaaahhhh, a tray-ahhhh!" (translation: "train ride, train ride, goin' on a train ride... train ride, a train ride!") with a little "chugga-nugga-chugga-nugga-chugga-nugga-CHOO-CHOO!" in the middle. Sometimes he sings it, sometimes he screams it.

And today, he started singing "no moh muh-kees chutenonna beh" (no more monkeys jumpin' on the bed). I started off another verse for him and he finished up, "mama cahjah dahr anna dahr-seh, no moh muh-kees chutenonna beh" Such a cutie! I'll try to get him on video singing :).

He learned a new body part too, lol. He started pointing to his feet, nose, etc. and waiting for me to repeat it back to him, and then he patted the front of his pull-up and looked at me. Guess he wanted to know what that was, so I told him. As much as intellectually I know we should teach them the technical terms, those just aren't words I really want to hear over and over (and I'm not going to type it b/c I don't want someone googling it to end up here), so I taught him "wee-wee." (plus it's easy to say). I thought the way he asked me was cute :).

He's also repeating back phrases that he hears:

"uh-oh, de-geh-yee-oh" (uh-oh, spaghettios)
"towee awsuh" (totally awesome - dh taught him that, lol)

He's repeating so much now, although I still haven't managed to get him to repeat back, "I love you." We'll get there!




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when they start coming out with new things, even if it's just repeating! I totally hear ya about teaching certain words. I had Daniel watch the Once Upon the Potty video for boys...which was fine. But there is this funny thing with some kids on the Spectrum....and that is that a word or phrase can trigger delayed echolalia or something. For awhile if anyone said, "hands", Daniel would look down and say, "A pEni$!" because of that video. SO embarrassing when we were at the library and they had a poster of a bunch of hands....you get the picture. Aaahhh! Are you strict with what you let your kids watch for the same reason? There are so many shows that seem just fine for typical kids, but since my child will pick up on goofy behavior, there are some things that I just don't like for him to watch.

Anonymous said...

You really should video some of those! Kids are so cute when they sing, especially when their words aren't quite clear yet!

My Three Sons on December 6, 2008 at 9:58 PM said...

Glad to see how much he is learning. That is awesome.

We are working with Carson right now in OT with him using scissors. He has no idea how to grip them and it is sometimes challenging for me as well because I just want him to get it. Part of his SPD issues is motor skills.

Anyways I hope you have a great weekend.

Unknown on December 7, 2008 at 2:18 AM said...

Ever notice that almost all songs on Yo Gabba Gabba are to the same tune? It seems to be a great show for getting kids to talk though, because my son has picked up quite a bit from it too.

Good luck with the "i love you". Meechi said it once to his daddy and hasn't said it again since... and I try everyday.

Staci A on December 7, 2008 at 6:00 PM said...

Sounds like he's doing great! It's so great to watch our little ones learning new things. I was glad when the "what's that?" phase started to end though. Oh, and we didn't use the technical term either, it's much less surprising to hear wee-wee, or the like come out of their mouth, than some others.

You definitely should catch some of that on video. I'm sure it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

ooohhh we are on the same track!!! how so totally awesome!!!!

they sound so cute when they try and talk!

Meg on December 8, 2008 at 11:38 PM said...

So precious!! I love the "totally awesome"! Today one of George's toys broke and as he brought it to me he very clearly said, "Aw, dang it!" Whew, thank goodness I'm not one to swear (usually), because he had my exact intonation down!

Songs are the best way to get our kids to use new words, I look forward to seeing your video!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin