Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas meme


I saw this over at Rebecca's and Julie's blogs and thought it looked like fun :).


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top :). I like egg nog too but I'm the only one around here who does so it's not worth buying it (I don't like it enough to drink an entire carton by myself).

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa made his first real appearance at our house last year, and just left unwrapped presents in the stockings along with a special note for each of the boys. :)

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?

White lights on the tree, no lights on the house. I would love to do luminarias around our house but haven't been able to talk dh into it, it would be a bit out of place here.

If you haven't seen luminarias, here's a picture, they are candles in sacks which doesn't sound like much but they really look beautiful at night!


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Usually the first week of December, although this year we got our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving :).

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Hmm, most of my favorite Christmas food is dessert! My family has a tradition of eating barbecue on Christmas though, and that is yummy.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Playing Santa for my little brother, and waking up at 6am to harrass our parents until they got up and let us open presents. :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I finally got up the nerve to ask when I was around 7 (I think), after that my parents let me help them be Santa for my little brother. The best part of that is eating the cookies :) and seeing him all excited about Santa on Christmas morning.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

No, we wait until Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

We have maroon and gold bows and ribbon on the tree, white lights, a string with little gold bells on it, and a ton of ornaments that we've collected over the years. We have a set of round maroon ornaments that match the ribbon, but we have lost several of them because we couldn't convince the boys they aren't balls and they DON'T BOUNCE.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?

We don't get much snow, so it's not much of an issue but I love when snow first falls, I dread having to go out in it (other than for fun).

12. Can you ice skate?

No, I seem to remember the one time I tried I spent most of my time falling down or clinging to the walls.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

My favorite gift is when we found out 3 days before Christmas 2000 that we were going to have twins :).

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Remembering Christ, His life, and what He did for us, and spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

So many to choose from... it's a tie between fudge, divinity, sugar cookies (in Christmas shapes of course), and pumpkin pie :)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Two of my favorite traditions are watching The Polar Express with the boys, and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas morning.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?

This year it's a homemade "Luma" (one of the stars from Super Mario Galaxy) that Cuddlebug made for the tree.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

Giving, especially to my kids.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

O Holy Night and Angels we have Heard on High

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?

Yuck. Double Yuck. Bleh. They look but cool but can't stand to eat them.

21. What do you want for Christmas?

I just want to have a calm relaxing day :)

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?

No. We've been to the one at church a couple of times but the boys have a hard time with those kinds of things. We don't have a Christmas party at work.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s?

ROFL - us? dress up?

24. Do you own a Santa hat?

Yes, the boys like to play with it. I could be wrong, but I think it may be the same one we had when my brother and I were kids. I remember as he got older he started asking for "proof" that there was a Santa, one year he left a camera out and a note for Santa to take a picture of himself. So my Dad put the hat on and took a picture of the hat, and we told my brother that Santa must have had the camera at a bad angle (not sure if he bought it, hehe).

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?

Usually just the five of us, because our family doesn't live close. This year though, we're taking a trek in the "Ram" to visit our family - dh's brothers and parents and my parents.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Patty O. on December 15, 2008 at 12:28 PM said...

What a great meme. I especially love the story about you providing proof to your brother of Santa's existence. That was just too cute. Your Christmas tree, by the way, is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I hope your little brother doesn't read this...... :)

Rebecca on December 15, 2008 at 2:26 PM said...

Your tree is beautiful!

Suddenly I have a strong craving for cherry divinity.

:)
Merry Christmas!

Jen on December 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM said...

I'll have to ask him about the "Santa Picture"... You may have just shattered the dream for him though, LOL

The Farmer Files on December 16, 2008 at 4:08 AM said...

I would love to do Luminarias too if the Hubs would go for it! Maybe when we get on the Big Rock in CA?!?

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin