Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crazy 8's


My SIL over at Musings of the Wife of a Pilot tagged me for a fun meme that just happens to involve my favorite number, 8. Why 8, you ask? Well, just look at it, it has a great symmetry to it when you write it as two circles like an "altitude-challenged" (translation: short) snowman. Very cool. Ok, enough nonsense about the number 8, on with it already!

8 Favorite TV Shows: (in no particular order)

-Heroes
-Life
-Fringe
-The 4400
-Stargate Atlantis
-Psych
-Lost
-Fox News (yes, I realize that's more of a channel than a show, but close enough!)

8 Favorite Restaurants: (not like we get to eat out often, but yum!)

-On the Border
-Texas Roadhouse
-County Line BBQ
-El Rey
-Posados
-Ninfa's
-Abuelos
-Outback Steakhouse

8 Things That Happened Yesterday - December 9, 2008

-Cuddlebug and Bearhug both found their missing coats (yay!)
-I went to work (same thing I do every day, Pinky)
-dh met me for lunch and we bought some science books for the boys (for Christmas)
-we didn't have time to actually eat lunch, so I picked something up on my way back to work. I didn't get to eat it until 4:30pm (busy day).
-watched Hannity & Colmes
-wanted to scream every time I heard the word "bailout" (today's scream-word - "car czar" ahhhh!)
-cuddled with Bitty
-It was cold, very cold (where's global warming when you need it?)

8 Things To Look Forward To:

-Christmas!
-our trip to visit family for Christmas
-vacation time
-watching the boys open their Christmas presents
-seeing my family when I get home from work every day
-hugs and kisses at bedtime
-warmer weather (I know it's going to be a while, but I'm still looking forward to it!)
-strawberries & cream frappucino from Starbucks

8 Things I Love About Fall:

-the trees with their vibrant colored leaves
-sweatshirt weather
-football season
-being able to actually spend time outside (without collapsing from heat)
-the start of school
-Halloween
-Thanksgiving
-pumpkin pie
-hot chocolate

8 Places I Want To See Someday:

-the carpet in my sons' room (kidding! sort of)
-FBI headquarters
-Hawaii
-the view of Earth from space (I know, not going to happen)
-Italy
-Niagara Falls
-Alaska
-The Bahamas

8 Things On My Wish List: (some unlikely, but still)

-a congress with an ounce of common sense (is that so much to ask?)
-a self-cleaning litter box (probably more likely than #1)
-a 35mm camera (and a tutorial on how to use all the cool features)
-more kindness and understanding in the world
-more hours in the day
-to hear Bitty say "I love you" (until then, he says it in his own way)
-for my family to always be close to each other and to God
-to be a mind-reader so I know what Bitty wants to eat without the guessing game, or so I know when Cuddlebug or Bearhug have misinterpreted something I said so I can clarify


Feel free to join in, leave a link if you do and I'll stop by to check out your list!




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin