Monday, February 23, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: Happy Valentine's Day!


Photobucket


I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I just had to share these cute Valentines from the boys :).

Here's one that Little Bitty brought home from school: I love the picture they put on it :), and his little handprints!


Here's one that Cuddlebug made for me, as you can see he's been learning about the solar system so that was the theme of his card :). He's got quite a lot of detail there, too.



The note reads: "Dear Mama, Happy Valentine's Day! On the tv, we see many things like Vermont Teddy Bear, Pajama-gram. When you are at work we miss you. Love, Cuddlebug, Bearhug, Dad, and the solar system!"

LOL, his reference to the Valentine's commercials cracked me up, those were on non-stop! And his sweet note about missing me, you know I had to give him a big hug when I read that!

Bearhug made me three heart-shaped cards, each with a separate note. You can see a bit of the "solar system" theme in his notes too, and I love how his sense of humor shines through, especially in the third note:

"Dear Mama, I love you! I know what to do on summer. We're going to swing, camp, and look for a green flash, Mars and Venus. Love, Bearhug"


"Dear Mama, I love you. I love my family, grandma & grandpa, uncles, everyone. Love, Bearhug. p.s. Earth is our home."


"Dear Mama, I love when you give us DS night. Love, Bearhug.
p.s. It's a secret.
p.p.s. don't tell anyone.
p.p.p.s. for that I love you.
p.p.p.p.s. who's doing this?
p.p.p.p.p.s. stop it.
p.p.p.p.p.p.s. oh, it's me."


LOL :)

"DS night" is when we let them stay up and play Nintendo DS in bed (most Friday nights).

Check out their handwriting! A couple of years ago it would have taken them half the page or more just to write their names. They've really done a good job of learning to write smaller and more legible!

For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

9 comments:

Mel on February 23, 2009 at 6:59 AM said...

Awesome!!! and i am always so blessed at how you celebrate each achievement...

Anonymous said...

that last one was HILARIOUS and sooo sweet.

and how awesome that you got some love from "the solar system"!! ;)

kristi on February 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM said...

Awwww...how cute are they???

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm laughing so hard I have tears -- tears I tell you!

"p.p.p.p.s. who's doing this?
p.p.p.p.p.s. stop it.
p.p.p.p.p.p.s. oh, it's me."

That is absolutely priceless -- and I love the little note telling you that the whole solar system loves you too! ;) thanks for sharing -- you just made my week!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT! I loved each one, but the last one had me cracking up. What sweet boys you have!!

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet! I love kids artwork, the only problem I have is where to store it - I like to save ALL OF IT!

Khadra on February 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM said...

love, the solar system!!!

HA! I love that!

Patty O. on February 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM said...

Wow, that is great. I love how their personalities shine through. And it really cracked me up that you actually got a card from the solar system. How much better can you get than that??

Elizabeth Channel on February 28, 2009 at 12:17 AM said...

These are so cute! I love the planet themed cards!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin