Saturday, February 7, 2009

In today's news...


WOW - we hit a milestone today! Little Bitty did just a little tiny bit of pretend play, actual role playing type pretend play! He was playing with a cord and put it around his neck (NOT tight, loose like a long necklace) and after checking it and re-checking it, he smiled and said, "dot-ter" I was stunned (because he's never done anything quite like that before!). I realized what the cord was supposed to be - a stethoscope. "Are you a doctor?" I asked. He got a huge grin on his face (he loves it when we can show we understand him) and started holding the end of the cord up to to one of his trains. "ee sick!" Wow again! Not only is he pretending to be a doctor, but this little play session actually involves a whole little scenario of what he's doing as a doctor, cool! "Is your train sick?" (yep, we're in the habit of repeating everything back b/c that's how we confirm either for ourselves or for him or both that we understood what he said). Another big grin. Then he was back to rolling his trains around and lining them up (in a row so straight it would make Sir Topham Hatt proud!). Pretend play, here we come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bearhug threw out a random phrase yesterday that just cracked me up. I asked him and Cuddlebug how their day at school had been. They both had a good day, but Cuddlebug confided that, "sometimes our schoolwork is hard." Bearhug jumped in with, "Yeah, but sometimes it's easy, peasy, lemon squeezy." I couldn't help but laugh, he said it so matter-of-factly. "Where did you hear that?" I asked. He shrugged, "in one of our books." I wish I knew which book it was, I'd love to see the context it was used in. But hey, he used it appropriately!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was so nice out today, Cuddlebug and Bearhug had a chance to play outside which they haven't been able to do for a while. They came in for a few minutes to get a drink, and on his way out the door again Cuddlebug said, "I love you." I assumed he was talking to me and said, "I love you too!" He looked back at me and said, "I was talking to Orion. But I still love you too." LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of nights ago as we were getting the boys to bed, Cuddlebug said to me, "Mama, we don't like it when you and Dada say 'nothing.'" Huh? "What do you mean?" I asked him. He responded, "When we ask what you're talking about and you say 'nothing.'" Oh, yeah. I guess dh and I have been doing that lately, if we're talking about things that we don't figure the boys will be interested in, but they ask what we said, we just say, "oh nothing." Now that he brought it up, I can see how that would be pretty annoying, so I told him we'll make an effort not to do that anymore.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your children are teaching you some social skills, eh? lol. Oh, nothing.

Very exciting to read about itty bitty's development. You are the sharp Mom for recognizing his play behaviors for their value.

I sure enjoy reading and learning from your everyday adventures. Barbara

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so happy to hear all your news! Your boys are doing GREAT! This post made my day! Is it weird to be so excited over the progress of another person's kids?! lol! Just know that we're sharing your excitement! :D

My Three Sons on February 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM said...

Well I think that is wonderful that you have a doctor in the house! I bought Carson the dr outfit for Halloween and he still plays with everything. He even has me turn around so he can listen to my back with his stephoscope. It is very cute.

Unknown on February 8, 2009 at 1:52 PM said...

Wow! Awesome news about the pretend play. That is terrific.

I have heard the "easy lemon" thing in the movie Meet The Robinson's but I am not sure what book it is in.

Mel on February 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

i am sitting over here clapping because i know those milestones the little ones are the ones that just knock our socks off!!!

CC on February 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM said...

These are fabulous updates!!!!! Easy peasy!

Patty O. on February 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM said...

That's great. I love the "easy, peasy, lemon squeezy" comment. That is cute. And i know what you mean about how exciting it is to have the kids engage in pretend play!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Little Bitty! He is just blossoming. Your boys always know how to keep things interesting!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin