Friday, February 6, 2009

IEP page is up & morning meltdown update


Check out the new IEP resource page and let me know what you think. I have more to add but it's a start...

Also, remember when I posted about our morning meltdown situation with Bitty? We thought we had tried everything but we finally hit on something that works - pop-tarts. For whatever reason, he just calms right down with a pop-tart and lets me get him dressed, shoes on, even coat on, without so much as a fuss, so this week has been better. That's the good news. The bad news is we're out of pop-tarts. All three boys love them so a box of pop-tarts doesn't last long around here. We're going to have to get a box specifically for mornings and HIDE it. :)





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

8 comments:

Amazing_Grace on February 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM said...

LOVE your IEP page! Good gosh! You used me as a reference! I better post something good then! :)

I'm so glad you found out what works with LB. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd be making a trip to Sam's to stock up on Pop Tarts in bulk!!

My Three Sons on February 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM said...

I know how you feel. My boys love pop tarts as well and I go through several family style boxes a week.

Happy Friday!

Mel on February 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM said...

Wonderful on the IEP pages, IEPs are a source of confusion and frustration for many parents

Anonymous said...

Hey there.
Nice to meet you and your sons.
I love my pap tarts so I can understand his love for them!

Elizabeth Channel on February 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM said...

Whatever works!

Casdok on February 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM said...

Your IEP is a great idea. As were the Pop tarts!!

The Farmer Files on February 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

We are having such a hard time implementing our IEP from out of state here in CA. I have a call in to an advocacy group...and we have a really well written IEP from HI. When I read this post it made me think that you may want to pass along to other parents who may have to move out of state that the IEP be written extremely well and extremely specifically before they move out of state. What helps now is that Hawaii detailed to the # of minutes our son should have each therapy each month, HOW he should be integrated with non disabled peers and FREQUENCY. We added goals that were also personal to our family. So now...our school district is finding themselves in a pickle because according to IDEA I must have an IEP with like goals when transferred to the new state. So, all of this to say that before any one has to move, (or even if they are not moving) they should make sure the IEP is written with specific frequency and specific ways to meet each goal.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin