Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wow... I'd forgotten


I've been going through all our home videos and transferring them from the tapes to our computer so I can edit them and make videos to share. I've been watching the ones of Cuddlebug and Bearhug when they were about 18 mos old... this was long before we knew they autism. I can hear myself on the tape saying "'Cuddlebug'... 'Cuddlebug'! look over here... 'Cuddlebug'!" and he's completely oblivious. I'd forgotten just how nonresponsive he and his brother could be. At the time we didn't realize how out of the norm it was, I remember someone from church telling me she thought we should have their hearing checked b/c she was afraid they were deaf. I kind of blew it off and said (in as nice a way as I could), "No, they're just ignoring you... don't feel bad, they do it to us all the time."

They still do this but it's gotten better. But wow, watching him was like dejavu of where little brother is now... I can stand right next to him screaming "LITTLE BITTY!!" and he doesn't even flinch. But I know he can hear me just fine b/c he's had his hearing tested, and b/c he can hear his Thomas toys from a mile away, lol :).

1 comments:

KAL on July 5, 2008 at 11:13 PM said...

I know what you mean. I recently went through old videos too and found that they both ignored me for the most part, and we had no idea yet either. Thanks for stopping by my blog. All three of your kids are so cute!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin