Saturday, June 7, 2008

Seven years ago today... (part 4)


For the month of June, I decided to write a series of posts about my twins' first month of life to help raise awareness about prematurity and TTTS (twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome).

Seven years ago today, I made my way to the NICU again to visit my babies, who were 2 days old. I asked when I'd be able to hold them, and they said I could go ahead and hold Cuddlebug for a few minutes. I cried, I was so happy. The nurse helped me gently lift him out of the isolette, and showed me how to keep the monitor wires from getting tangled up or pulling off. I only got to hold him for a few minutes that first time, but I loved finally getting to cuddle with him!

Bearhug was able to "graduate" from the respirator to a c-pap. He wasn't stable enough to be held yet, so I spent some time sitting with him and letting him hold my finger.

To be continued...

To learn more about TTTS, see www.tttsfoundation.org
For more info on prematurity, see www.marchofdimes.com
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin