Friday, May 23, 2008

Little Bitty's end of year party


Little Bitty's class had their end of year party on Wednesday. They had bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and sandboxes with buckets and toys (just right for a class of 3-4 yr olds). He didn't even realize we were there at first. Finally I knelt down by him, gently touched his arm, and said hello, but he still didn't look up or acknowledge me. So I just started playing in the sand next to him and eventually he looked up and noticed I was there. He gave us a big smile and a "hi!"

He must really like the sand because usually there's not much that can keep his interest when there's bubbles around. Eventually he did move on to the bubbles for a while, but then it was back to the sand.

They had some frozen ice-pops (the kind in the plastic tubing that you push up as you eat them) and he tried it but made a big face about it. He doesn't like anything that is too cold... but I was impressed that he gave it a try.
After the party we checked him out a little early and took him to the park to hang out while we waited until it was time to go pick up Cuddlebug and Bearhug. He loves to swing, so I pushed him on the swing for a while until it was time to go.
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin