Sunday, July 3, 2011

Click, Clack, Moo...



One of Bitty's favorite books is "Click, Clack, Moo... Cows that Type." It's a really cute book, in which the cows and ducks exchange a series of typewritten notes with Farmer Brown.

I came home from work one day to find these (written with his pink marker, of course):




Amazing handwriting! Especially considering he could barely write his own name when he started Kindergarten a year ago. Check out his cutting skills too, he did that all by himself! I guess all that practice is paying off :).

Later, Bitty wanted to try typing the notes so I let him:



He quickly got tired of typing and wanted me to type for him while he showed me which notes he wanted. Of course we had to print out all of the typewritten notes.

Some of them he put into his journal:





Others, he hung up on the wall:



We also found a few taped to the various "barn" doors around the house :).

It's really been fun seeing his "pretend play" skills branching out into new areas (beyond trains). Granted it is technically more imitation than original pretend scenarios, but it's still a big step :). I've also noticed that lately, although he still gets a little, umm, obsessive about his favorites, he is branching out to have more than one "favorite" at a time. That's huge!
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin