Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flat people


The boys did really well at church this last Sunday, especially considering all the changes with the new year - meeting a new time, new classes with new teachers meeting in new rooms. Lots of change, usually a source of great consternation but all three of them handled it really well.

So during Primary the person was teaching about families and did a group activity where they had one child go in the hall for a minute (with an adult) while another hid a family picture somewhere. Then the first would come back in and all the kids get to help them search for it (kind of a hot/cold game I think, I wasn't actually there but dh was because he teaches one of the classes).

Bearhug was asked to be the one to go out into the hall, but when he came back in he saw the picture right away and went straight to it without needing any "guidance" from the group (it was hidden under a chair).

When asked how he found it so quickly, he responded, "I saw a flat person under the chair."

Haha, it never would have occurred to me to think of people in a picture as "flat people" but that's actually pretty accurate. Bearhug and Cuddlebug are very good at coming up with descriptions that make us think, "huh?" at first but then "why have we never thought of that?" once we realize how logical it is. I love how they think :).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

4 comments:

The Farmer Files on January 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

I will be thinking on that one all day. ;)

Rebecca on January 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM said...

Yeah, that would have had me wondering why I didn't think of it either. LOL! Smart little guys!

Patty O. on January 10, 2010 at 1:10 AM said...

That is so great that the kids did well at church. I was worried my son would struggle since this is the first new teacher he has had in years, but luckily it all went well.

I have had similar experiences with Danny where he describes or notices something strange, but it makes sense once I understand his point of view.

Anonymous said...

=D I love that!!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin