Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seeing double


Cuddlebug and I were at Scouts when he told me, "Hey Mom, I see two of everything."

"What?"

"I see two of everything."

"When did this start?" (thinking it must be a recent change and trying to figure out what might have happened to make him start seeing double).

"Five months ago." (?!??!!)

"You've been seeing double for five months? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't think it was a bad thing."

"How have you been able to read all this time?"

"I read everything twice."

"Doesn't that drive you crazy?" (kind of wish I hadn't said that, because the next day he told me it wasn't driving him crazy until I said that. ugh)

"No, I just got used to it."

Sure enough, as I was studying his eyes I realized one of them appears to be a little crossed.

Later that evening, dh asked him, "how will you be able to play baseball if you see two balls coming at you?" (Cuddlebug has expressed an interest in trying baseball this year).

He shrugged, "I'll see two bats too." LOL, gotta love the positive attitude :).

~~~~~~~~~~

We tried asking about when it started, and he said something about wanting to cross his eyes a while back. Hmm... once he mentioned it, I seem to recall a conversation that went something like this:

"Hey Mom, is it possible to cross your eyes?"

"I don't know, honey, but don't try it, you'll hurt your eyes."

And that was the end of it... it never occurred to me that he might have ALREADY tried it when he asked. So maybe he did and maybe it got stuck like that (haven't moms been warning of that since the dawn of time?) and maybe he was worried he'd get in trouble and maybe that's why he didn't say anything. Who knows. I didn't want to make him feel bad (kind of late for that now anyway) so I didn't ask.

~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, so today we're on our way to see the eye doctor. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to resolve it with glasses and/or exercises and that he won't need surgery.

We're taking Bearhug for an eye exam today too, just to check.

Wish us luck.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin