Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Desperately seeking Skarloey


I’ve blogged before about how we keep a box of trains in the attic and just a few out at a time to play with, and Bitty will often come around asking for specific ones he wants me to bring down. Every now and then when there are too many out, I take a bunch of them up and we start over. We finally brought the whole box down a few days ago and put it into a closet because I got tired of climbing up to the attic on search & rescue missions several times a day. Anyway, a few weeks ago, he wanted me to bring Skarloey down.

I searched and searched for Skarloey but couldn’t find him. I brought down one of Skarloey’s friends, Rheneas, instead and told him Skarloey was “all gone.” He wasn’t happy about it but he moved on. Sort of.

He keeps asking me for Skarloey. And I keep telling him I don’t know what happened to Skarloey. He’s all gone. And now Bitty seems to have gone into a sort of mourning. He comes up to me several times a day to tell me, “Skah-wowee aww gone,” and I confirm that yes, Skarloey is still all gone.

I remind him that he has Rheneas, Stepney, and Sir Handel and can play with them (they are all fellow narrow gauge engines who are friends with Skarloey, and yes, I should probably be embarrassed that I am so familiar with the Thomas characters but what can I say?). I know he likes to set up scenes from Thomas books and videos with his toys and I’m sure there’s one with Skarloey that he wants to do and can’t, and it’s probably driving him nuts. About as nuts as he’s driving me with the constant proclamations of “Skah-wowee aww gone.”

I have looked everywhere I can think to look. Eventually we’re going to have to just buy another one, maybe for Christmas if we can last that long (ha!). It’s not that I mind buying one, but my goodness we have sooo many trains. Our family has been slowly collecting Thomas trains (the little metal ones) for about 6 years now. And chances are, as soon as we buy one, the original Skarloey will turn up somewhere...





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

8 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings on July 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM said...

My nephew used to like the Thomas trains (he's 15 now) but, having all girls I never really had to learn too much about them. Now, if you want to talk Barbie ...

Unknown on July 31, 2009 at 1:15 AM said...

My little cousin collects all the Thomas trains characters as well. He can always remember which one is missing from his toys and will stop at nothing until he finds it. I do hope Skarloey turns up soon, preferably before Christmas ;)

Anonymous said...

aww! I hope you find it. We have the same problem with books around here. I feel for both of you! lol!

My Three Sons on July 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

Carson kept asking me for scaridy and I had no idea who he was talking about. Then one day we were watching Thomas and Skarloey was on. I ended up going to Trainsgalore.com and they have everything and it's cheaper than Toys R Us or anywhere else that I have shopped.

I'm currently rewarding Carson for every 10 pee pee's he earns a train. We are up to 35 trains and cars now, but only 6 were earned. I'm thinking he is going to have to go 20 times or I'm going to run out of money and room in my living room! LOL

Floortime Lite Mama on August 1, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

my hubby found really cheap ones from Ebay
R is only now starting to get iterested in this

danette on August 2, 2009 at 12:39 AM said...

@Debbie - LOL, with 3 boys, I wouldn't have the first clue about Barbie :).

@jarmaine & Julie - thanks, I hope so too!

@MyThreeSons - wow, way to go Carson!

@K - that's a good idea, thanks! How cute that R is getting interested in Thomas. :)

The Farmer Files on August 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM said...

And LOL with 2 Skarloeys you will have another set of twins. ;)

70-293 exam on October 13, 2009 at 12:21 AM said...

Its Sooo cute! My son is the same way. He makes the worst face when he tries it but then comes back for more!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin