Monday, July 13, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: Exploring professions


Here's another comic book that Bearhug wrote a couple of months ago. When I first read the cover, I cringed a little at the title, "The man who couldn't get a job." Not being able to find a job is no laughing matter in any time, but especially in these economic times. But as I flipped the page and started reading, I was cracking up laughing. Bearhug's main character actually has no problem whatsoever in finding a job, and actually he is able to get hired into a whole range of professions from doctor to teacher to stand-up comedian. His challenge is in keeping any of these jobs... read on to see why:



I love the copyright note he put at the top :).

This man can't get a job. Here are the jobs he tried.

1. Football (don't ask me about the pee / poop thing... Captain Underpants is definitely an influence there, and I'm guessing it just goes with the territory of being an 8-yr-old boy) Anyway, as you can see from his jersey, our protagonist is on the "pee" team, which based on the scoreboard is losing pretty badly. Might have something to do with the fact that our guy is kicking field goals in the wrong direction... ("his goal" to the left, the ball headed to the right)

2. Deliveryman pretty self-explanatory, hehe


3. Computing
"I won't drop this one, sir."
"Ok"
"Oops"
"Hey! You said you wouldn't drop it! that's the 50th computer you dropped!"


4. School this is apparently not someone we'd want teaching in school, lol.


5. Hat maker Those are underwear coming across the conveyer belt, they're supposed to be hats...

6. Boat driver I love the oblivious smile as he's crashing into a rock, lol. I feel bad for his passengers :/


7. Gardener I'm pretty sure Cocoa Puffs won't grow even if you plant them...

8. Actor
"What happened when I walked? I kept walking"
"boo!"

Our guy's comedy routine is apparently not well-received.


9. Stapler I wasn't aware that being a stapler was an actual job, but you can see the results when our guy tries his hand at it...

10. Doctor
"Eat 5 cheeseburgers every day"
"ok"


ROFL, I'm sure a lot of people might like to have a doctor who told them that, but following that advice could be hazardous to your health!


11. Scientist the formula there shows how to mix two beakers to make ice cream, but based on the "ka-boom" I'm guessing he didn't quite follow the instructions.

12. Pizza place hmm... more pee and poop references (eww!), I definitely would NOT want to visit that pizza place. I think the customer's face says it all...

Looks like this man can't get a job. The end.


Books by Bearhug
The Man Who Couldn't Get a Job & the series of Sulu the Bionic Hamster
(I'll have to scan & post some of those later, it's a series of 8 comics)


For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

7 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama on July 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM said...

I am so full of the cuteness of this child- how lovely he is
Hey do you thnk pee pee referred to the toilet in the pizza place

Krystal on July 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM said...

LOL!!! I love it!! Princess is starting to write too. I think I need to scan hers in and share. the things they surprise us with huh?

monica on July 20, 2009 at 1:07 PM said...

That is a great writer! He is very funny also...made me laugh. Stopping in from Magic Marker Monday!

Jeannie on July 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM said...

Love it! The man who couldn't get a job. He's one angry man.

UPrinting on July 21, 2009 at 3:41 AM said...

Oh my I'm an absolute fan! I love his work :) Definitely made my day, I'm still smiling up to now. Thanks, I'll definitely look forward to more :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Childlife on July 25, 2009 at 2:14 AM said...

Oh my word, he's a crack-up! I just love his flair for comedy -- LOL! And a delightful eye for detail -- the angry face of the computer boss and the "tap, tap" of the teacher's pointer had me cracking up! :D

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin