Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Triangle mystery - solved


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about Bitty's quest for an unknown "twigul" (triangle). He first asked for "dwaw twigul" and then "twigul on da wadder" (triangle on the ladder, in other words, in the attic) but I was at a loss as to what he was actually looking for.

About a week after that, I stumbled onto the answer. I was helping look for the trailer that goes with one of his train toys (that was an easier request to understand - he just showed me the train and I could tell immediately that the trailer part was missing). I was taking toys out of the toy box so I could search at the bottom for the trailer piece and one of the toys I pulled out was a mini-magnadoodle that he hasn't played with in a while. As soon as he saw it, he smiled and said, "dwaw twigul."

I looked at him and the magnadoodle and it made sense. "Is this what you were looking for the other day?" I asked.

"Dwaw twigul!"

I drew him a triangle, which he promptly erased and started drawing other shapes. I kept digging around in the toy box until I found the trailer and we took both of our finds downstairs.




He was so excited to find the magnadoodle, I decided to take some video of him playing with it. He drew squares and a circle (no triangle, he has a hard time with diagonal lines), and even a letter H, complete with a play by play, "start here, make a line to here..."



Whenever he wants to draw something that he's not quite sure how to draw, he'll hand it to me and say, "Mama do." Sometimes I'll hand it back and say, "'Bitty' do," but he can be persistent, and usually ends up physically putting my hand on the little pen to make his point. "Mama do."

He's been having fun with the magnadoodle ever since, he even asks me to draw "cwooz" (clues) from Blues Clues. It took me forever to figure out one of them - he asked me to draw a ticket, a "koontz," and a wand. I could do the ticket and the wand but had no idea what the "koontz" was all about. Finally one day he pointed to the window. "Wih-dow... koontz" Oooohh. Curtains. I drew him a window with curtains and he was so excited that I finally got it :). Then I realized what the clues are - a magic show. I guess that also explains his "hokey pokey" in the video (hocus pocus). Too cute!





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

7 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama on July 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM said...

Whata darling boy- soooooo sweet
u really are such a patient mum to figure out those precious clues - do they like Blues CLues Movie

Anonymous said...

Bitty is adorable... and patient! Even though it may take you a while to understand what he wants, you are getting it! And he is getting better and better at communicating.

Floortime Lite Mama on July 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

I just saw th efull video he is a darling precious boy and really he draws and talks really well

Debbie @ Three Weddings on July 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM said...

I love the magna doodle. It's such a great invention. We have several and Peanut is always drawing on them.

UPrinting on July 11, 2009 at 2:21 AM said...

So cute! He's really adorable and sweet. I'm glad you solved the triangle mystery! Read your earlier post on this mysterious triangle, so congratulations :)

My Three Sons on July 13, 2009 at 3:36 AM said...

I bought one of those for Carson since we are always in the car. He loves it and stays busy on it for long periods at a time.

Anonymous said...

yay!! I was so curious what that was all about!! =D

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin