Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Don't eat my breakfast!


Little Bitty's speech consists of a lot of echolalia, repeating back what we say. For example, when we're encouraging him to say hello to someone and we say, "Say hi, 'Bitty'," he often answers, "Hi 'Bitty'"

There is also a fair amount of his speech that is difficult to understand. He adds a lot of "digga's" into his words, for example "tray-digga-depot" is "train depot."

And then there are times when his words are crystal clear. When there is no mistaking his meaning. And slowly but surely, sentences are emerging...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part of our morning routine revolves around Pop-tarts. All of our boys love them, but Bitty is borderline obsessed. A Pop-tart can mean the difference between a reasonably good morning and a disastrous one. An empty Pop-tart box is cause for great consternation - tragic sobs and the agonizing refrain, "Paw-tarss AAWWW GONE!"

But I digress. My point was... the routine. Little Bitty likes to eat half of his Pop-tart in the car on the way to school, then leave the other half in the car so it will be waiting for him when dh picks him up after school. The other half of the Pop-tart makes a nice little afternoon snack :).

The other day as the teachers in the carpool line were helping him out of the car, they said, "tell your brothers bye."

But instead of telling them goodbye, or even repeating back, "brothers bye" he turned back to his brothers and advised them,

"Doh eat my breffast!"

If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure what he meant by that was something along the lines of:

"I'm warning you, anyone who dares touch my Pop-tart will have to answer to ME! Don't even THINK about it!" LOL






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

10 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama on May 21, 2009 at 7:43 AM said...

your kids say the cutest things

Julie on May 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM said...

I luv that kid! =)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on May 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM said...

hahaha!!! That's so cute!!

The Farmer Files on May 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM said...

Cute...didn't you want to wrap that memory up and keep it in your heart all day long? ;) I bet you laughed out loud!

OneProudGrandma said...

I guess they know where they stand now! :) A man's half-eaten Pop Tart is off limits!

kristi on May 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM said...

TC loves him some Pop Tarts too...always chocolate!

Khadra on May 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM said...

that is so cute :)

Anonymous said...

My children have always been very protective of favorite foods.

Kristin on May 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

Breakfast time is especially hard for me as my son won't eat typical "breakfast" foods!

Wholesale Printing on June 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

Did he just threaten his brothers? Haha! Oh, the things a kid would do for a Pop tart. (Can't blame him, though)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin