Saturday, June 25, 2011

Embracing every moment


I guess I should apologize for the lack of autism-specific posts around here lately. There's plenty to write along those lines, but I've haven't had as much time to blog as I used to and I find myself mostly concerned with preserving the memories of the little things my boys say and do.

They are growing up so fast. In some ways. In other ways, not as fast as their peers and you know what? I'm ok with that. Grateful for it even, in some ways. There, I said it. Maybe it makes me a bad mom to feel that way. I want my kids to grow up to be independent, happy adults as much as any other mom. But how often do we moms express a desire to slow down time, absorb every moment because all too soon our babies will be grown? For better or worse, autism does that. In some ways, the delayed development is incredibly stressful and heartbreaking but in other ways it is a blessing as our kids hold on to those endearing childlike qualities longer than they otherwise might. Maybe part of my feeling that way is because I don't have the opportunity to spend all day with my boys. Maybe I'm just crazy, who knows. (don't answer that, lol). :)

It's late and I'm rambling... my main point was just to say that I'm hoping to get back to more writing soon, but in the meantime I've been taking lots of pictures even when I don't have time to write so my next few posts will hopefully be catching up on those moments, big and small, that I don't want to forget.
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin