Sunday, December 5, 2010

The gift of voice


I've been thinking a lot lately about how far my boys have come in terms of their ability to communicate. Not just speech, but communication. As many of you know, having speech isn't necessarily the same as being able to communicate. I am so grateful for every word, every thought expressed that I don't have to guess. And I'm grateful for any clues our boys can give when the messages they're trying to convey are hard for me to understand. The ability to communicate their needs, wants, and ideas is something I will never take for granted.

Many children and adults must find their voice in ways other than the spoken word (as our boys once did and sometimes still do). One technology that can be extremely helpful is the iPad with special communication software. The cost can be prohibitive for many families, so this Christmas season the HollyRod Foundation is working to help provide this to both children and adults who would benefit from it.



To find more information about how to donate to this effort or how to apply to receive an iPad, visit the HollyRod Foundation website.


If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.
 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin