Friday, October 16, 2009

We're in luck! Thomas clothes in bigger sizes


Just wanted to share this for anyone else who may be in a similar predicament, as well as for my own reference so I don't lose it :).

~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure I have commented before about how Bitty will only wear clothes with Thomas on them. And how we have up until now been unable to find Thomas clothes larger than size 5 (and those are hard enough to come by). His 4T's are getting small, and his size 5's won't be far behind. Just a matter of time...

Well, it looks like we'll be able to delay the inevitable for a few more years, and hopefully by then he will have broadened out his "acceptable clothing" list to include non-Thomas attire.

I found a site called Totally Thomas that carries Thomas shirts up to size Youth Large (12-14). Granted, there's not much selection that big, but there are a couple... and there's a decent selection up to child size 7.

AND there's more... they also carry Thomas underwear up to size 8. How cool is that? I've never seen anything above toddler sizes at the store.

Amazing how something so seemingly mundane has really made my day, but I know ya'll know where I'm coming from! ;)





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

Unknown on October 17, 2009 at 12:08 AM said...

I'm lucky that my son is not quite that particular, but I can relate! That's so cool that you found a source!

Meg on October 17, 2009 at 12:31 AM said...

You? Are my hero.

Floortime Lite Mama on October 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM said...

OMG totally know where you are coming from - what a treasure that site must have been

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya! We're not into Thomas here...but I can completely understand how a site like that is such a jackpot find! I'm happy for you...and Bitty! lol!

Patty O. on October 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM said...

Oh, yes, I do know where you are coming from. Luckily, my son's clothing preferences are a bit broader than Bitty's but also less predictable. It is hard for me to know whether Danny will actually wear a particular shirt. Pants are easy--no jeans at all. But shirts? They are another story. For the longest time he loved his spiderman and batman shirts, but now won't wear them. Now, it is all about the bakugan, wall-e and a couple other shirts. I am trying to widen his preferences, but that always seems to backfire on me.

And shoes are terrible. He is in bigger sizes now that don't typically have characters on them, which Danny just won't stand for. FInally, I found some transformer shoes in the right size.

Man, what we go through for our kids!

Ben Harper Tickets on October 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM said...

The kids are getting bigger fast huh?! I'm really surprised how kids grow taller so fast. It's not actually a bad thing, but sometimes I have to check on them every now and then to make sure that what I got them is their exact size. Thanks for sharing the information.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin