Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Bitty!


Seems like just yesterday we were bringing Baby Bitty home from the hospital...



...and this past weekend our not-so-little Bitty celebrated his 5th birthday. Cuddlebug asked me, "do you think 'Bitty' is a man, a big boy, or a little boy?" I love his multiple-choice questions :). I answered "a little boy" and Cuddlebug agreed, lol. Because, after all, he and Bearhug are "big boys" so it stands to reason that Bitty would have to be a "little boy" by comparison ;).

He's actually been interested in his birthday this year - he learned the date and has been counting down all month. We're still working on the whole age thing and being able to answer how old he is.


Checking out his birthday cake with 5 candles


Excitedly opening presents :)


I asked him to show me what he got, and he actually did :)



~~~~~~~~~~~

To my precious Little Bitty (or as your big brother used to call you, "he's a Wittle Bitty, he's a Wittle Bitty Baby Pwecious!"),

I love you so much and am so grateful to be your Mom. You are a blessing to our family with your sweet spirit and silly sense of humor. You're my little "Mama's boy," always wanting to be held and cuddled :) (please stay that way for as long as you want). You make me proud every day, I can't believe how much you've grown in these five years! I'm so glad you enjoyed your special day :).

All my love,
Mama

~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a close-up of the "Cat in the Hat" cake and cookies I made for him. This is the first homemade cake I've made in a very, very long time, and the first time I've tried using fondant (it's homemade marshmallow fondant, click here for recipe and tutorial if you're interested). To be honest, it didn't quite turn out like I'd hoped, but overall I was reasonably happy with it. Bitty seemed to like it and that's what really matters :).









If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday salutations to Bitty!

Congrats to you and DH - you are wonderful parents.

Give a big whoop to his big brothers for their guiding love, too.

The cake was beautiful! I bet it tasted good, too.
Barbara

Beverly on March 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM said...

so sweet! Happy Birthday Little Bitty!!! Hope he has a wonderful day!

Floortime Lite Mama on April 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM said...

Happy birthday Sweet lil guy
ow beautiful he is
I miss you Danette

Adoption of Jane on April 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

aw that smile is worth a 1,000 words! He looks interested! What a great achievement... Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! (Thanks for the cake pictures!)

Elizabeth Channel on April 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM said...

Wow! I am duly impressed by that cake! Fondant frightens me!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin