Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




There is so much to be grateful for, today and always.

A loving Father in Heaven who wants only the best for us.

Family. A husband who loves me and our boys. Three beautiful boys who bring me joy each and every day. And everyone else in our family.

Friends - both those I know in person and those I haven't actually met outside of the blogosphere but feel a closeness with regardless.

Amazing teachers and therapists for our boys. I'm thankful that our boys attend a school that is set up to help them be successful.

The comforts of home, gainful employment, Poptarts and Pokemon.

I could go on, but it's late and I really need to get some sleep before Bitty wakes up.

The weather here has been beautiful lately... finally some let up in the constant rain we had for a while and we've been able to spend our weekends outside.

Work has been crazy busy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :).

We got some new Christmas decorations and are planning to put up lights outside our house for the first time this year. Not Griswold-style or anything, but hopefully it will look nice :).

The boys are doing well. Bearhug seems to have the rage / outbursts somewhat under control, although we are still struggling with his impulsive need to run off and hide at times. I swear my heart cannot take that!! Cuddlebug is doing great, and Bitty continues to be full of surprises :).

Cuddlebug and Bearhug have long had sleep issues, and at their latest checkup their pediatrician suggested we try melatonin. We've used it two nights in a row and it seems to be helping, so that is good.

Perhaps I should try some too?

Ok, I'm going to bed now.

I wish each of you a wonderful Thanksgiving!





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama on November 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM said...

Danette - I missed you

So glad to hear how well everybody is doing

Happy thanksgiving

I swear the wandering off in the store will kill me one day - totally hear you

Rachel on November 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM said...

Happiest Thanksgiving!

And the hiding thing is scaring the bejeebies out of this poor mama (who is deaf to boot!)

Good luck with pictures... and I had to laugh because this year, Itty Bit was more cooperative than the hubs!

Beverly on November 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM said...

hope you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Amen. So much to thank the Lord for - He is the giver of all good gifts.

Hope the melatonin keeps working!

Anonymous said...

Happy (late) Thanksgiving, but it's always good to find things to be thankful for! I loved your list.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin